Friday, August 22, 2014

Queen Anne's Lace

I have been admiring all the Queen Anne's Lace growing in the fields and ditches this summer.  I had been wanting to take pictures of this one field in particular.  So, one evening I was going in to town with Ella and grabbed my camera so we could stop and get some pictures.  When we got to the place I had been wanting to go for weeks I found they had just mowed it all down.  There was still some of it left, but we had to troop through the sharp, cut grass to get to where they were.  Then we took the pictures and then we did a tick check because that's what you have to do here in good old West Virginia! :)  Anyways, I was happy I got some pictures of them before they're all gone.






 So, I do realize these flowers aren't Queen Anne's Lace, but Ella liked them too!


No comments: